Updating MoneyWell in the Mac App Store
As MoneyWell 2 is no longer available to buy in the Mac App Store, the process to update the app is somewhat difficult.
Unfortunately you won't be prompted with updates, and it requires deleting the app and re-downloading it to get the latest version.
Please make sure you have a backup of your MoneyWell documents before attempting this. Nothing here touches any of your MoneyWell data, but it's always best to be on the safe side.
- Check which version of MoneyWell is currently installed (MoneyWell -> About MoneyWell)
- Close MoneyWell.
- Make sure you have a backup of your MoneyWell documents. They shouldn't be affected by this process, but it's always best to have a backup.
- Go to your "Applications" folder and delete the MoneyWell application (it may ask you for your password) - this is just deleting the Application, not the data.
- Go to the purchased screen in the Mac App Store and select "Install" next to MoneyWell
In Mojave it looks like this
Under High Sierra and earlier it looks like this
- Once it's installed, open MoneyWell and go to MoneyWell -> About MoneyWell to check which version you have now.
You can check the latest releases on the Release notes page here to make sure you now have the latest version.